1. What information do we collect?
The kind of personal information that we collect from you will depend on how you use the Services. The personal information which We collect and hold about you may include.
- Name and personal contact details including email, phone number and address;
- Payment details;
- IP address and the date and time of your access to our website; and
- Communications from you including survey responses, feedback or complaints.
2. How we collect your personal information
- We may collect personal information from you whenever you input such information into the Website.
3. Purpose of collection
- The purpose for which we collect personal information is to provide you with the best service experience possible.
- We customarily disclose personal information only if required to satisfy any applicable law, legal requirement, police investigation or request from a government authority. Your personal information may also be exposed from time to time to maintenance and support personnel acting in the normal course of their duties.
- By using our Services, you consent to the receipt of direct marketing material. We will only use your personal information for this purpose if we have collected such information direct from you, and if it is material of a type which you would reasonably expect to receive from use. We do not use sensitive personal information in direct marketing activity. Our direct marketing material will include a simple means by which you can request not to receive further communications of this nature.
4. Access and control of your personal information
- You have the right to request access to your personal information and to request that we correct any inaccurate personal information. You may also have the right under applicable data protection laws to request the deletion of your personal information or in some circumstances, to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information. If you would like to request such access, correction, deletion or restriction, please contact us as set out below.
- We process personal information on our servers in Australia, and you consent to your personal information being processed and stored in that location.
- We acknowledge that we will take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information. These measures may include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorised access to systems where we store personal information.
- We do not warrant that these security measures will prevent any unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of the data. We disclaim all liability in relation to any unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of data that is outside our reasonable control.
- We will notify you within 72 hours and without undue delay of any:
- actual breach of security, which when reasonably suspected poses a risk to the security, confidentiality or integrity of your personal information; or
- actual unauthorised access of any personal information; which is likely to result in a high risk to your rights and freedoms.
6. Complaint procedure
If you have a complaint concerning the manner in which we maintain the privacy of your personal information, please contact us as set out below. We may seek further information from you to clarify your concerns. If we agree that your complaint is well founded, we will, in consultation with you, take appropriate steps to rectify the problem. If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
7. Overseas transfer
Your personal information will not be disclosed to recipients outside Australia unless you expressly request us to do so. The overseas recipient may have laws which are different and potentially not as protective as the laws of your own country. If you request us to transfer your personal information to an overseas recipient, we will not be liable for any mishandling of your information in such circumstances.
In some circumstances, the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides additional protection to individuals located in Europe. Where this is the case, there may be additional rights and remedies available to you under the GDPR if your personal information is handled in a manner inconsistent with that law.
9. How to contact us about privacy
If you have any queries, or if you seek access to your personal information, or if you have a complaint about our privacy practices, you can contact us at email@example.com.
10. Governing law